Everything You Need to Become a Missouri Notary, All in One Place
Welcome to the American Association of Notaries. Since 1994, we've helped hundred of thousands of people
in Missouri and across the country become notaries. With our guidance and expertise, you will become
a skilled Missouri notary capable of providing accurate and efficient notarial services.
That is our mission.
The American Association of Notaries is the only source you need to become a Missouri notary. We can assist you with:
What Our Missouri Customers Say
You've got a great company. What I saw on the website was exactly what I got. The quality of the merchandise surpassed what I expected. Plus, you gave me a free downloadable booklet AND free membership for a year. So, I commend you guys and thank you for a terrific experience.
I was so impressed by my notary stamp when I received it from your company today by UPS! I tried another place for my stamp, but was fooled by their advertisement that in all intents and purposes gave the impression of my requested notary stamp being included in the deal, but when received, I realized it was not--I got an embosser for my money, a lot to say the least. When I called to confirm, they stated it did not come with the order. I asked: "I guess I have to use my notary skills for now on if I ever intended on using your company again." It was truly a sad experience, until I bought from you!
I, too, am writing because when I opened the package, which got to the house in good condition, I noticed a letter inside stating my membership and the card was enclosed. When I looked for the card it was not in the package received from you. I would be grateful to your sending me the card so I can activate my membership online, ASAP! I hope I may receive some time in the near future from you.
Thanks for the "incredible experience of my buying from you..."
Thanks so very much for the stellar service I received with my initial order! My order was received accurately and within 24 hours even though it was during holiday season. I (and especially my client) can't thank you enough and will share my experience often.
I wanted to e-mail you guys and compliment your staff on excellent service. Very fast and professional from start to finish. Made sure everything was correct and I appreciate it. I will make sure all my future notary needs are obtained from American Association of Notaries. Very pleased with my purchase. Thank You
Shaun B. Morton
It amazes me how fast you get my orders out. Most places I’ve waited a couple weeks just for the Item to be shipped.
Thank you for sending the supplies so promptly. I look forward to my membership with you
Thank you for all of your help! I received my seal, embosser, and journal this afternoon (Friday) and all look correct.
Have a signature day!
Thank you for the quick turnaround on my recent order. Your web site was easy to use, the instructions for ordering were easy to follow, the payment process was flawless, and I received my order within five days. I appreciate it all.
Just completed the course over the weekend. Thanks for offering it! It will be a nice supplement to my legal academics.
Thank you for your prompt response to my request. I have theWestern Surety documents (the rider and POA). Your service has been excellent. I shall use your company in future and will highly recommend your firm to whomever I can. Thank you again for your excellent service.
Shop Our Missouri Notary Supplies
Our notary stamps conform to Missouri notary law requirements and are manufactured in-house using only the highest-quality materials.Shop
All of our Missouri notary seal embossers are laser engraved and require minimal effort to produce sharp raised notary seal impressions.Shop
The AAN is one of the nation's top providers of quality notary supplies. We offer a lifetime warranty on all of our notary supplies.Shop
Our notary journals are easy to use and conform to Missouri notary laws. Every notary supplies order includes a free e-notary guide.Shop
Informational Missouri Notary Articles
We are Here to Support Notaries During the COVID-19 Pandemic
The American Association of Notaries is making it a top priority to keep the employees, members, and notaries we serve safe during the COVID-19 crisis. We are being as proactive as possible by enforcing the health and safety guidelines prescribed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to stop the spread of the coronavirus.Read Article
Can I notarize a document dated in the future?
Typically, when a customer requests a notary public to notarize a document, the document has not yet been signed. Thus, when a notarization occurs, the signer executes the document in the notary's presence, and the notary completes a notarial certificate. Almost always, the date of the signature is the same as the date of the notarization.Read Article
How to Become a Missouri Notary:
Compared to other states, Missouri has few eligibility requirements to become a notary. The process is simple and affordable (from $30.00) for a four-year Missouri notary term. To become a notary in Missouri, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a registered voter in the county in which you are applying to become a notary
- Be a resident of the county in which you are applying to become a notary
- Be able to read and write the English language
- Never had a notary public commission revoked in the past 10 years
If you meet these qualification requirements, follow the steps below to become a Missouri notary.
- Complete an online notary application. All Missouri notary applicants are required to complete an online application at the Missouri Secretary of State’s Website, read the Missouri notary handbook, take an online training course, and pay a $25.00 application filing fee. Click here to start the Missouri notary application process.
- File a four-year, $10,000 Missouri notary bond with the county clerk's office. After four to six days from submitting your Missouri notary application, the Missouri Secretary of State will mail you an approval letter that you need to take to the county clerk's office to complete the swearing-in process, file the four-year $10,000 notary bond and to receive your Missouri notary commission. Click here to purchase the Missouri notary bond.
- Purchase a notary stamp and a notary journal. Missouri notary law requires that all notaries use an inked notary stamp or a metal notary seal embosser to authenticate all notarial acts they perform. Only notary stamps with black ink color is allowed. All of our Missouri notary stamps and seals are made in house and come with a life-time warranty. No questions asked! Click here to order a Missouri notary stamp.
Missouri notary bonds and errors and omissions insurance policies provided by this insurance agency, the American Association of Notaries, Inc., are underwritten by Western Surety Company (established 1900). Kal Tabbara is a licensed insurance agent in Missouri.